Guardianship Law

Are you worried about a disabled adult or minor child? Seeking guardianship appointment can be a solution for someone who wants to ensure his or her loved one is protected financially and physically. Hunt Law Firm, P.A. handles proceedings in probate court.  We can advise you of your duties during this process and seek the resolution you desire.

What is Guardianship?  Pamphlet provided by the Florida Bar

Who Can Benefit From a Guardianship?

People seek help from our firm when they are concerned about the welfare of their loved ones. For example, an adult may have become incapacitated due to dementia, Alzheimer’s or other physical or mental condition. There are also situations when the guardianship of a minor is needed.

Ashley S. Hunt provides his clients with a safe and comfortable environment to discuss their concerns. Our attorney and staff will listen to your concerns and truly care about you and your family’s well-being. Our firm will also provide strong advocacy when you need it most.

Experienced Representation for a Complicated Process

If you are considering becoming a guardian of an incapacitated adult or a minor child, you will need to proceed through probate court. You will need to petition the court for appointment of a guardian conservator. The petition for guardianship or conservatorship of an alleged incapacitated adult may be completed by two petitioners or one petitioner and the affidavit of a physician, psychologist or licensed clinical social worker. The probate court will then rule on the need for the guardianship and or conservatorship and approve or deny the petition to be appointed guardian or conservator.

Do you want to learn more about Guardianship?  Contact Hunt Law Firm, P.A. and schedule a consultation.

*This website is designed for general information only.  The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of an attorney/client relationship.